Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Got a secret, can you keep it?

Oh, I don't have an actual secret. I've just been watching Pretty Little Liars...

I haven't posted in along time because...well, I am a great procrastinator.

There's a new pizza place in town called Sizzle Pie. The former owner of the delicious super-vegan friendly bar Tube has opened a late night pizza place with a lot of vegan options. Toppings include Daiya cheese, flavorful soy curls, vegan pepperoni, and creamy basil cashew spread. I've gone several times now. I usually get the $6 slice and salad deal.


This here is a New Maps Out of Hell slice (soy curls, basil cashew spread, 3 veggies- which this time was black olives, green peppers and onion) and the Caligula salad, which is just their name for a Caesar. Their Caesar dressing is made vegan and it's quite yum. Currently they only have bottled/canned beers, but when their bar (Quality Bar) opens next door, I can only assume there will be draft beers.

The pizza isn't the best ever (my favorite crust is still Hot Lips Pizza), but it's tasty. Normally, the two vegan slice options are New Maps and Spiral Tap (carmelized onion spread swirled with marinara sauce...good, but boring- i want toppings!), but occasionally they have others, such as Thunder & Lightning (vegan cheese with pepperoni!). They're open until 4am (I can't remember what the weekday hours are), so if you're out late downtown or at Rontom's on Burnside, it's a great after hours place to go. I just wish they had Dr. Pepper on their sode fountain...

I just made myself the yummiest boozy milkshake. I was mixing Silk Chocolate with some Kahlua when I remembered I had Coconut Bliss ice cream. Delicious combo, y'all!

3 comments:

sgcorrie said...

Between you and Jess talking up this place, I'm dying to try it!!

I also agree on Hot Lips crust. So, so tasty. And bring me this milkshake concoction!

Abby Bean said...

There is something about Coconut Bliss that makes the best shakes! I've also enjoyed the coconut mixed with guavaberry rum.

Shorty said...

OMG that shake sounds amazing....